Based in Lausanne, Switzerland
SPLASH BLAST PANIC is a multiplayer party fighting game where you dash, fly and shoot your opponents with water pistol, mixing precision flight controls and a vast array of items and powerups. Inspired by old arcade titles as well as newer competitive party games, ruin all your friendships in a variety of stage which may or may not have various level of gimmicks that could backhand you if you're not careful, or tell that person you always despised your true feelings with waterbomb launchers, bubble prisons, watergun sentries, reflective shields and more !
Started during the Ludum Dare 32, April 17th-20th, 2015, Kevin Peclet and Elias Farhan took the train to Basel to create a game in 48 hours, with the theme "Unconventionnal Weapons". Elias wanted cats, Kevin wanted a local-multiplayer. Adding unconventionnal weapons, it was quick until the game had water guns. Elias did not want yet another platformer-party fighter, so there were going to be jetpacks also. After the crunch week-end, "Super Splash Fisticuffs" was done. Elias showed the two-days prototype at the Fantasy Basel 2015, with Kevin showing his other main project. With the overwhelming positive feedbacks from the players, they decided to continue the development of Project Splash, to finally call it "Splash Blast Panic".
- Up to 4 player multiplayer, in various forms of free for all or team-based matches, with a lot of control over match options for your personal liking!
- A bunch of different levels, each presenting their own little challenges to overcome while still trying to get your opponents outside the ring. With the addition of a big selection of offensive and defensive items so you can baffle your adversary at the last second and then bother them about it for the rest of the evening.
- Since it is unlikely that the audio isn't fucking amazing, say something about the audio, maybe?
- Arcade mode singleplayer, for more stages and characters unlocks as well as other little secrets. And also to master your skills in your free time so you can become "that guy".
- Colourful hand-drawn graphics mixed with an old arcadey feel, accessible for both newcoming players and with little intricacies for more advanced and skilled gamers.
Alpha Trailer 2 YouTube
Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Ludum Dare 32 prototype
The early prototype from the game jam can be found at ludumdare.com.
About Team KwaKwa
Team-KwaKwa is a indie game studio creating game for game jams and bigger commercial projects.
More information on Team KwaKwa, our logo & relevant media are available here.
SPLASH BLAST PANIC Credits
Programmer and Game Designer, Team-KwaKwa
Artist and Game Designer, Team-KwaKwa